Deciding to attend graduate school is a big step. It requires commitment, time, life changes, and let’s face it — money. At Saybrook we are committed to helping you find ways to invest in yourself and in your future. Continue reading to learn more about the scholarship opportunities we offer to help students achieve their educational goals.
New Student Scholarships
Saybrook International Scholarship: $5,000
一区二区三区高清视频|国产女人 四虎www4hv|巨乳童颜 www,4hvThe International Student Scholarship is awarded to international students (non-U.S. Citizens, non-U.S. Permanent Residents) who demonstrate both the potential to add cultural and geographic diversity to the classroom and the ability to spread the mission of Saybrook University globally. Awardees will receive a $5,000 scholarship that will be divided equally between their first two semesters and applied towards tuition. Students must maintain good academic standing in order to receive the scholarship’s second installment.
How to apply
To be considered, scholarship applicants must have already been awarded acceptance to Saybrook University. Qualified applicants must submit an essay to our Global Enrollment team at: [email protected]一区二区三区高清视频|国产女人 四虎www4hv|巨乳童颜 www,4hv. The essay should contain the following:
- Describe the journey you have experienced that led you to Saybrook University. Reference obstacles you have encountered, how they were overcome, and the events that led you to choose your current career path and degree program at Saybrook University.
- Explain how you plan to incorporate what you have learned from your previous life experiences into your contributions to the Saybrook community.
- Finally, describe the current needs that exist within your home country specifically regarding your chosen career field and explain what experiences from your education at Saybrook you plan to utilize as you aid in addressing these needs post-graduation.
Presidential Scholarship: $500 – $5000 / Semester
The Presidential Scholarship is only available to new/incoming students. It is awarded based on academic merit and/or financial need. Every applicant will be considered for our Presidential Scholarship awards, which typically range from $500 to $5,000 per semester. Because there is a limited amount of funding for these scholarships each semester and they are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis, we recommend you apply and complete your application as soon as possible.
How to apply
一区二区三区高清视频|国产女人 四虎www4hv|巨乳童颜 www,4hvYour eligibility for a scholarship and the amount that is awarded will be determined based on two factors:
- Financial need
- Academic merit
一区二区三区高清视频|国产女人 四虎www4hv|巨乳童颜 www,4hvThe first step is to submit your , so that your financial need can be calculated. Additionally, as part of the admissions requirements, you’ll compose a personal statement and submit your prior transcripts, and these will be used to consider your financial need and academic merit as well. We do not require a written essay or any documentation beyond what you’re already required to submit as part of your application file. All Saybrook applicants will be considered for this award.
Dr. Michael Horowitz/Dr. Jeannie Gutierrez/First Generation Scholarship
The Dr. Michael Horowitz/Dr. Jeannie Gutierrez/First Generation Scholarship was established to support students who are first in their family to attend graduate school, or who are immigrants to the United States and are pursuing higher education for the first time in the U.S. This scholarship was established to enable students to blaze a new trail of success for their families and in their communities.
This award is only available to new, incoming students, with two (2) recipients selected in the Fall, and one (1) recipient selected in the Spring. Each award shall carry a total value of $2,500, divided equally over the recipient’s first two semesters. Scholarship funding will be applied directly to the recipient’s student account and will go toward tuition expenses.
- Candidates must have applied for admission to Saybrook University at least 30 days prior to the start of the semester.
- Recipients are selected based on their academic promise and dedication to serving a diverse community.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain full-time academic status with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and satisfactory academic progress to remain eligible.
- Awards are disbursed over two semesters in equal installments and applied directly to the recipient’s account.
How to Apply
- Submit a letter to your admissions counselor no later than 30 days prior to the start of the semester. Your letter must include the following information:
- Your name
- Your academic goals and career goals
- A statement demonstrating that you are the first in your family to attend graduate school, or are an immigrant to the United States and are pursuing higher education for the first time in the U.S.
- A statement detailing how this scholarship will assist you in achieving your goals and support your education. This statement should include information on prior community service contributions and academic achievement in addition to future aspirations.
- This letter will be reviewed along with your admissions application supplemental materials to support the selection process.
- 30 days prior to the start of your first semester at Saybrook University
Continuing Student Scholarships
Alan Watts Student Scholarship Award: $2,000 – $5,000
The Alan Watts Student Scholarship Award is only available to continuing students. It is named in honor of British philosopher Alan Watts, who was associated with Saybrook University in its formative years. The scholarship is awarded to an accomplished student interested in the work and teachings of Alan Watts. Recipients seek to go beyond simplistic notions of what is, or of what should be, recognizing the need for exploration of oneself through various modalities ranging from meditation to humor, and the impact such practices have on our lives, on the continuing development of humanistic/transpersonal psychology and on our social order.
How to apply
A call for submissions will be sent out in Spring to all students. Applications should include a cover letter and up to 15 double-spaced pages of the student’s Saybrook writing which establish the relationship between Alan Watts’ work/areas of interest and the student’s. Material for submission may consist of excerpts from the student’s dissertation proposal, candidacy essays, or papers from Saybrook courses, integrated into one document. Relevant publications by Alan Watts and related scholars should be cited. For more information contact our Financial Aid Office.
Leonard Shlain Student Scholarship Award: $1,500
一区二区三区高清视频|国产女人 四虎www4hv|巨乳童颜 www,4hvThe Leonard Shlain Student Scholarship Award is only available to continuing students. This award, which is named in honor of former Saybrook trustee, Dr. Leonard Shlain, provides two awards of $1,500 to accomplished students interested in the work and research of Dr. Shlain. These areas include the following:
- The development of the human brain and neuroscience
- Art and science
- Human sexuality
- The effects of word and image on the human brain
“This scholarship has allowed me to buy some of the equipment that was needed for my study … With being funded, it is helped so I can dream bigger. I am now looking into continuing my research in a post-doctorate. In future research I hope to make a difference in healthcare and understanding testosterone when used as a supplement to aid in transitioning from female to male, or for other gender identification reasons.”
– Taylor Williams, student in the PhD Psychology, Psychophysiology Specialization
How to apply
A call for submissions will be sent out in Spring to all students. Applications should include: a brief bio of the student; a brief description of the student’s interests, life work, and academic studies; a description of why the student is interested in studying Dr. Shlain’s research and/or research interests; and a statement regarding the candidate’s financial need. For more information contact our Financial Aid Office.
Rollo May Student Scholarship Award: $5,000
一区二区三区高清视频|国产女人 四虎www4hv|巨乳童颜 www,4hvEach year Saybrook University awards the Rollo May Student Scholarship of $5,000 funded by the generosity of our donors. The scholarship is available only to continuing students, and is awarded to students whose graduate work explicitly applies and carries forward the existential-humanistic contributions of Rollo May. Such students’ work may include scholarship in the following areas:
- Personality theory
- Art and literature
- Cultural criticism
- Existential encounters
- Other topics which the student clearly connects to the Rollo May tradition
“My research is about bringing the understanding of human vulnerability to the divorce professionals who are instrumental in setting up the space in which people can decide what kind of agreement they want to make for their future family, including their children … I would like to publish and talk about what I have discovered. This scholarship has eased my fears of using the time required to transform my understanding into something that people can read.”
– Dominique Walmsley, student in the PhD Psychology, Existential, Humanistic, and Transpersonal Psychology Specialization
How to apply
A call for submissions will be sent out in Spring to all students. Applications should include a cover letter and up to 25 double-spaced pages of the student’s Saybrook writing which establish the relationship between Rollo May’s work and the student’s. Materials for submission may consist of excerpts from the student’s dissertation proposal, candidacy essays, or papers from Saybrook courses, integrated into one document. Relevant publications by Rollo May should be cited. For more information contact our Financial Aid Office.
To apply for some of our scholarships you may need to complete the Federal Application for Federal Student Aid first. Of course, we’re happy to help with that! Please contact our Financial Aid Office一区二区三区高清视频|国产女人 四虎www4hv|巨乳童颜 www,4hv for additional information.