Prospective students interested in programs at Saybrook University may be eligible to be admitted through an established Academic Partnership. Saybrook University has partnered with educational enterprises, academic institutions and community partners to create pathways to select programs. General information regarding each academic partnership is listed below. For more specific information about the available opportunities, please contact admissions at 888.308.0032 or [email protected].
Our Academic Partners
- In September 2019, Saybrook University will launch a new satellite Residential Conference (RC) program in collaboration with the Institute for Spirituality and Health, located in Houston, Texas. Students who enroll in the Houston Satellite program will participate in a total of four 4-day RCs to fulfill the residential training requirements for the M.S. and Ph.D. Mind-Body Medicine programs. They will also register for online courses associated with their degree requirements.
- NOLS. NOLS is a nonprofit, global wilderness school that educates students to step forward on an expedition, wilderness medicine, custom education or risk services offering. Graduates have a lifelong desire for leadership, commitment to continued skills development, and ongoing education. Since 1965, NOLS has embraced and explored the unknown through outdoor- and classroom-based courses.
- . HCI has coached more than 10,000 clients and students from 30 countries in the past 10 years. They are pioneering a new generation of health coaches who they believe are changing the consciousness of the planet. Their curriculum is based on cutting edge psychology, brain science, intuitive listening, habit change and healthy lifestyle design.
- . Prema Yoga, LLC (PY) provides education in integrative yoga practices to yoga teachers, yoga therapists, social workers, psychologists, nurses, and other health care professionals. Courses may be used for CEUs, an advanced yoga teaching certificate, or a two-year yoga therapy certificate. PY’s comprehensive approach offers evidence-based yoga techniques taught in a classical manner honoring yoga’s history of yoga chikista – “yoga therapy.” The unique mind/body approach of yoga and meditation allows health care professionals to address self-care with their clients in a deeply holistic manner, empowering the individual in her health process.
- . StraighterLine has developed, implemented, offered, and administered online, self-paced, college-level courses, academic programs and curricula (collectively, the “Courses”) that meet the standards and requirements of Saybrook University for certain general education courses under the trademark “StraighterLine.”
- . The Flourishing Center provides a 6-month long Certificate in Applied Positive Psychology program, which includes 240 hours of education and training through residential on-site locations, online and distance learning platforms, webinars, and video conference participation. This agreement provides recognition of up to six credits from TFC’s Certification in Applied Positive Psychology (CAPP) Program to Saybrook’s master’s and doctoral programs in College of Integrative Medicine and Health Sciences.
- . The IIN provides holistic training in the field of nutrition. IIN’s Health Coach Training Program includes coursework in nutrition, health and wellness, coaching techniques, business skills, and personal development. The articulation agreement with Saybrook University allows graduates of the IIN training programs to authorize six credits of graduate credit toward CIMHS masters and doctoral programs.
- . The INCCP educates nurses in an integrative coaching practice, preparing them to integrate coaching into the mainstream of their nursing practice, in hospital, home care, and independent practice. This articulation agreement between Saybrook and INCA allows for up to six units of transfer credit from the INCA INCCP program to CIMHS master’s and doctoral degree programs.
- The University of Santa Monica has three master’s degree programs: The Master’s Degree in Spiritual Psychology, The Master’s Degree in Consciousness, Health, and Healing, and The Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology. The articulation agreement allows for graduates of USM master’s degrees to receive up to 18 credits in transfer credit for CIMHS PhD programs.